I want to get into some deep study of the Bible. I read for devotional time and encouragement, but I really want to get to know some of the history and context of different passages and then how that can be applied to my life, personally. And so I've begun a word study on the word "run," and further permutations. I'm not sure if I can get a life application out of each text, but I'll try. It'll require some thinking, and maybe a little reaching. But I don't mind, I just want to stretch my brain a little and see where the Lord leads.
And the children of Dan said unto him, Let not thy voice be heard among us, lest angry fellows run upon thee, and thou lose thy life, with the lives of thy household. Judges 18:25, KJV.
Those who would be running in this text are angry Danites. They were threatening Micah, the idol worshipping Jew, to let them steal his idols, lest they attack and kill him and his family. So running in this text refers to angry people with an intent to kill.
Am I angry? No. Definitely not an angry person. Do I want to kill anybody? Nope. Not a murderer either. So how does this apply to me?
Righteous anger. There is such a thing.
What's the only thing worth getting angry about? When the Lord is dishonored.
And what should we all be running toward? Toward this lost and dying world.
A lover of Jesus can see all around people who have never heard of His love and tender regard for their soul. The Lord is dishonored in this world by all the havoc wrought by Satan in distorting the true character of God. We should be running to them. Not just sit and wait for them to come to us. Not just walk by and test the waters. But RUN! Run to them. Seek them out. Look for them and pray for them and seek the face of Jesus on their behalf and RUN to them with the power of the Holy Spirit to tell them of His love. And when they see how deeply they are loved by a heavenly Father, they will lose their lives. They will surrender all to Him. And hopefully, tell those of their household.
Help me to run.
No comments:
Post a Comment