If thy father at all miss me, then say, David earnestly asked leave of me that he might run to Bethlehem his city; for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all the family. 1 Sam. 20:6.
While this may look like a ruse of young David, a throw-away excuse to get him away from king Saul's wrath, it is very likely that he DID hustle to Bethlehem to join in the festivities with his family. In which case, he probably did do some running, because it would have had to be a quick trip in order to make it back in time to meet up with Johnathan in the field. In which case, he would have had to run like the wind - with endurance.
That's how I want to run. I want to run faster. Right now, I'm comfortable at about 5.6 mph. That's hardly running. I should re-name this blog Jesus/Family/Jogging. It's a struggle. I'm not fast at all, and even though I desperately WANT to run faster, I dread even thinking about speeding up. I'm scared to do any interval training. I feel like I'll poop out too fast and I won't be able to go very far after I've used up all my energy on a couple intervals and then there's a whole run wasted. And I hate wasting runs. (More about that later.)
I want to run fast. And I want to run long. Right now I'm at a 5 mile distance. I'm so very proud of that, but it has been nothing less than murder the two times I've been out for the that distance. My body is not endurance fit. Either my lungs are dying and my legs are good to go, or my legs are burning and my lungs are feeling strong. The two factors are not working together real well right now, and I want to fix that. More running should do the trick.
No comments:
Post a Comment