Sunday, March 4, 2012

This is for my Best Friend

I'm starting this blog to journal thoughts and insights that occur to me throughout my everyday life and while running, my new favorite pastime. I am new at this running thing. Not sure if I'll enjoy it for the long haul. But for now, it is most enjoyable. Every time I get out there and start plodding along, I thank God for running. For my health. That I am healthy enough to run. It just feels so good.(If by "feels so good" you understand that I mean "hurts a lot, but in a good way," then we understand each other.)

But I don't want running to become my idol. It easily could. In fact, to be very honest - in recent weeks I have chosen running before spending time with my best Friend. My quiet devotional time has been usurped by my runs. This is not like me and I am not comfortable with that. Therefore I want my runs to be something I share with Jesus. I honestly don't know if this is even possible. I'm pretty hard pressed to think many coherent thoughts between gasping for breath, concentrating on running through the side stitch, and doing my best to avoid eye contact with drivers. But if there is a way to make this a more spiritual experience, then I am praying that the Lord will show that to me.

So Jesus, this is for You. I don't care if anyone ever reads this blog. But I know You do. So please, Lord. Lead me in the way everlasting and make my runs a time with You. Make my life time with You. I love You, Lord. Thank You, thank You for this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment