Monday, March 5, 2012

Bonus mile!

Last night was awesome! I went out for a 3.5 mile run around 9 o'clock. My husband had been out playing basketball at the church, so I had to wait for him to get home to stay with the kids. Otherwise, I don't like to get out that late. But hey, I'll take what I can get. I hate skipping a day of running, and if that means having to wait till 9 or 10 at night, I'll take it.

I'm very new at this, only been running since Thanksgiving. Technically, a couple weeks after Thanksgiving, since I started out walking and walking and walking, to build up to a jog/run. I had no running base. These old bones haven't gotten any proper exercise since I ran/walked off the baby weight from my second born 3 years ago.

Anyway, I've been following, very meticulously, Hal Higdon's 5k training program. That got me up to 3 miles. Now I've started training for the 10k. So last night I was supposed to up the ol' mile count to 3.5. So I was putt-putting along at quite a nice pace and it felt awesome. I never got winded. Just felt like I could keep going forever. Then today, I re-measured the distance with my mom-mobile minivan and received a delightful surprise. I hadn't run 3.5 miles! I HAD RUN 4.5 MILES! Woo hoo! Yeah! I just got boosted 2 weeks ahead in my training program. I figure if I can handle 4.5 miles no problem, I'll keep it and go from there. Next week make it 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment